Dedicated to your wellbeing
Due to ever increasing expectations, competitiveness, consumerisms, loneliness and many other factors, mental health issues have become wide spread and perhaps the most alarming concern in the present society.
A holistic approach of mental health addresses the emotional, physical, social and spiritual wellbeing of a person while designing a treatment plan. Though people nowadays are becoming more aware and insightful of various mental issues and coming forward to seek help , but mental health issues are still neglected and unattended at large.
This lead s to more complicated and complex problem s and interferes with different functions of daily life Your therapist will work according to the individual needs of each client following mainly the COGNITIVE BEHAVIOUR THERAPY (CBT) model.
You can read more about our services below:
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Obsessive com pulsive disorder (OCD) is a mental health condition characterized by intrusive and recurring thoughts, images, or impulses (obsessions) that cause anxiety or distress. These obsessions lead to repetitive behaviours or mental acts (compulsions) that the ind ividual feels driven to perform in order to relieve the anxiety caused by the obsessions.
- Recurrent and persistent thoughts, impulses, or images (obsessions) that cause significant anxiety or distress
- Repetitive behaviours or mental acts (compu lsions) that an individual feels compelled to perform in response to the obsessions
Some common examples of obsessions are:
- Excessive cleaning, repeated checking or organizing rituals (arranging of objects in a specific).
- Intrusive thoughts about harm coming to oneself or others
Impact on life:
- Significant interference with daily activities, work, school, or relationships
- It may also lead to avoidance of situations that trigger obsessions or compulsions
Its important to note that while everyone experiences intrusive thoughts or worries at some point, in OCD these houghts and behaviours become persistent and excessive, interfering with daily life happenings
CBT plays a significant role in reducing stress and developing control over intrusive thoughts . A better understanding of those intrusive dreadful thoughts and eliminating psychological distress attached to those thoughts helps an individual to improve his/her quality of life.
Do you think you are suffering from this? Consult mental health provider at the earliest .